contemporary collage paintings
the process
Leslie Avon Miller

My life flows when I'm in my art.


Jean De Muzio

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Winter Warmth





Last night walking back to the ferry dock after the concert, we strolled past Friesen Gallery. It was nearly midnight, the snow was falling, and yet I had to stop and look in all the windows. The large piece is about 6 feet square, and is encaustic. The little dark shapes are birds, but I like the effect without seeing clearly what the subject matter is. I simply must return and spend some time looking at all this intriguing contemporary art. I wanted to be able to post a photo of the skyline at night as we came in on the ferry, but my results were not as I had hoped. It was a lovely night in the city, but cold. Because of the snow, the few other drivers on the road were over cautious. We got home at 3:30 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please sign the guest book and let me know what you think. Join the conversation. It's fun!