contemporary collage paintings
the process
Leslie Avon Miller

My life flows when I'm in my art.


Jean De Muzio

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ongoing Exploration


This image is from an ongoing exploration focusing on using a limited color pallet, mark making and texture. I am thinking about this series in terms of communication. I love the subtleties of neutral colors, rich textures, and “mark of the artist.” I am beginning to use these same symbols and design elements on a series of wooden boxes my husband has made for me. I hope I can successfully transfer from small format to larger. And with the wooden substrate I plan to be able to create even deeper textures. Don’t you just love to make art?

5 comments:

  1. Leslie - yay! i'm your first commenter - welcome to blogland - I'm so thrilled we me and I'm loving what I've seen of your art so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blogging world is so much fun! The art, the people, the energy! I'm looking forward to see more of your art on your blog and in your February show at AOT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece. I love the limited color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Seth. Color, in a neutral way, is very important to me. I have been following your blog for a long time, and am a fan of your work. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work...this piece in particular. I've also been focusing on a limited colour pallet, mark making and texture with my carvings. It's a very exciting path to follow.....and yes I do just love to make art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please sign the guest book and let me know what you think. Join the conversation. It's fun!