contemporary collage paintings
the process
Leslie Avon Miller

My life flows when I'm in my art.


Jean De Muzio

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gallery Walk on Date Night



Saturday we went to the December Gallery Walk. My husband and I had a date night, complete with viewing art and talking about what we saw, and meeting artists and gallery owners.We saw lots of intriguing small works, perfect for the holidays. We also had a lovely meal at Galatea Cafe, with candle light, a view of the lights at the town fountain, and other gallery walkers rushing through the rain. We saw the annual and delicious Small Works show at North Wind Gallery. I was especially looking forward to meeting blogger Jeane of ART IT, who was at Artisans on Taylor along with the art she had been blogging about. Several artists were there with their work, and the place was full of energy including live music, champagne, and most of all lots of yummy art. Jeane’s piece just had to come home with me, to join in with some of my work on our holiday mantel. In this photo her art work is the smaller square, along side a piece of my work from my white series. I think of this as my winter white mantel arrangement and Jeane’s piece fits in perfectly. I love her use of dramatic texture, bold use of found items such as glass shards and wire, and her color pallet. Just perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Leslie, how honored I am that you chose to show my work with yours on your blog - thank you - have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work Jeane. THanks for letting me share it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please sign the guest book and let me know what you think. Join the conversation. It's fun!